ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] dsmserv initialization error

2009-06-08 15:35:51
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] dsmserv initialization error
From: Mario Behring <mariobehring AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2009 12:33:45 -0700
Hi Richard,

Sorry about the mess....there is only one dsmserv.dsk file and it is located at
/opt/tivoli/tsm/server/bin

There are no files at /opt/tivoli/tsm/server, only directories:

tsmlinux:/opt/tivoli/tsm/server # ls -la
total 11
drwxr-xr-x    7 root     root          176 May 11  2005 .
drwxr-xr-x    6 root     root          176 Mar 13  2008 ..
drwxr-xr-x    3 root     root         2488 Jun  7 13:24 bin
drw-rw-rw-    2 root     root          496 Oct 29  2004 license
drwxr-xr-x    3 root     root          344 May 11  2005 scripts
drwxr-xr-x    3 root     root           72 Nov  4  2004 webhelp
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root         8344 Nov  4  2004 webimages

As for starting TSM, the server suddenly appeared as DOWN on our monitoring
tool. When checked, the machine was hung somehow and had to be restarted. When
coming back, dsmserv.rc failed to start TSM.

After that I just tried to start dsmserv on foreground...to see what was going
on......that´s it!

Mario