ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Recovery log limit in TSM 6

2009-06-08 13:15:05
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Recovery log limit in TSM 6
From: Colin Dawson <colind AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2009 10:14:30 -0700
Howdy,

     The maximum log size in TSM V6.1 is actually 128GB.  This limitation
is imposed by the log file size we use which is 512MB.  In our testing and
evaluation for TSM V6, we achieved better performance using 512MB log files
which ends up limiting the maximum size at 128GB.

     This limitation could be changed such that the log file size used is
1GB which would result in a 256GB maximum log size but that would be for a
future release or delivery of the product.

Thanks,
Colin

Colin Dawson
TSM Server Development