ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM 6.1 Installation Problems

2009-06-05 10:09:27
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM 6.1 Installation Problems
From: "Allen S. Rout" <asr AT UFL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 10:08:38 -0400
>> On Thu, 4 Jun 2009 15:12:03 -0700, "Clark, Robert A" <Robert.Clark AT
>> PROVIDENCE DOT ORG> said:

> It seems that many of us have a parental relationship with the
> product.  In any other case, we would likely have severed the
> connection some time ago. <Code quality wandering all over, price
> going up, audits? You think you're a domestic US car maker?>

The marketing nonsense is certainly ridiculous, but I don't think I've
seen the code quality particularly go down.  I'm another one of the
2.1 veterans, and the stability and lack of errors I see in TSM is an
important point in its favor.

Where we see the flighty, erratic behavior is in the layers folks are
trying to paint on top of the product.  The much-maligned ISC, for
example.  Websphere is a joke, so that makes AC on ISC on WS a
triple-decker joke, foisted on us by some Vice President in Tivoli who
has a Vision of Unified Management.

- Allen S. Rout