ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM Administration Guide Using ISC

2009-06-05 02:54:45
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM Administration Guide Using ISC
From: Remco Post <r.post AT PLCS DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 08:54:17 +0200
Arnaud,

This is exactly the point ! Are you satisfied with the ISC /AC
combination so far ? If yes, I'm very happy for you, but
from my readings of this list, lots of users are not, and so am I.
I really would like to hear why IBM decided to drop a CPU and
storage inexpensive / ergonomic /fast /readable interface for the
new one.
I may be paranoid, but I believe they had a very good reason for
such a change : selling more hardware !

The most recent version of the ISC really is a lot less heavy than
previous versions. In that respect I truly believe that IBM listen to
our complaints. It's even fast. I really urge you to experience it. I
installed it on a VM on my laptop (isn't vmware fusion great? :)) in 5
minutes.

As for the ergonomics, yes the workings of the new thing are different
from the old thing. Have they become worse? Well, I don't think so. I
like the CLI best of all, always have and alway will, but if I had to
chose a GUI, well, the ISC is just as good as the old thing... it just
provides an interface to everything added to TSM in the last 4
releases ;-)
--

Met vriendelijke groeten/Kind regards,

Remco Post