ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] NOde Data removal from active stgpool

2009-06-01 09:36:11
Subject: [ADSM-L] NOde Data removal from active stgpool
From: Michael Green <mishagreen AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 16:27:44 +0300
A node that was in backup has been decomissioned. The node was a
member in a  domain that had ACTIVEDEST set and therefore the node
have all its file spaces in ACTIVE  stgpool.
Now, since the node is decomissioned there is no requirement to
continue keeping its data in ACTIVE stgpool anymore.
How do I remove its data from there?

I figured that I can create another active stgpool, move that node
data (and only that node data) with move noded to that stgpool and
after that destroy the volumes with discardd=y.

Any other, more elegant ways maybe?
--
Warm regards,
Michael Green