ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Problems with TDP SQL and inactive obejects

2009-05-31 02:38:55
Subject: [ADSM-L] Problems with TDP SQL and inactive obejects
From: admbackup <tsm-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 31 May 2009 02:36:55 -0400
Guys I have discovered what was the problem.  It seems that there is a problem
with one of the Storage Agent Server paths.  I looked in the activity log and I
saw that the tape was mounted in the drive 5, then a storage agent error
appeared, the tape was dismounted and it was mounted in another free drive.
The backup continues without problem, but it seems that this problem with the
drive 5 produces the "failed 402" status on the backup schedule.

I have turn down the path that was pointing to the drive 5 and the scheduled
backups finishes without problem with the status "completed"

For some odd reason, the backup always used to start on drive 5, now with its
path down the tape is mounted in another free drive without the error message.

It was nothing to do with the SQL database.  Thanks for the help