ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM 5.5 and Client Compatability?

2009-05-29 11:32:48
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM 5.5 and Client Compatability?
From: Bob Talda <rpt4 AT CORNELL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 11:31:51 -0400
We are running TSM Server v5.5.1.2 on AIX, and have a number of TSM clients
v5.1, 5.2 and 5.3 (principally running on Windows XP systems, but a smattering
of ones running on Mac OS X and Linux and other UNIX systems).  So far, so good.

Minns, Farren - Chichester wrote:
Hi All

I'm still running TSM 5.4 on Solaris and need to move to 5.5.

I have been looking at the Server/Client Compatibility matrix and am still a
little unclear what is supported. I have always been used to the idea that two
levels back for client code should be ok. Is this still the case? i.e. I have a
lot of 5.3 clients and I need to know if they will still work, and/or if they
are supported?

Anyone know the answer to this?

I also have a handful of 5.1 and 5.2 clients that I know I will have to deal
with :-(

Thanks

Farren