ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM 5.5 and Client Compatability?

2009-05-28 18:23:31
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM 5.5 and Client Compatability?
From: Wanda Prather <wprather AT JASI DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 17:59:25 -0400
The 5.3 clients still work.  (Just like your 5.1 and 5.2 clients).
But they are not "supported".

The term "supported" has 2 meanings - the colloquial meaning is that if the
software is "supported", it works on the given platform.

"Supported" for Tivoli software means something more stringent - "supported"
means the software works, and if you have a problem you can report it and
IBM will open a problem ticket and investigate/try to fix it.

Servers and clients prior to 5.4 are no longer "supported" by Tivoli. (there
is an exemption for the last 5.3 WIn2K client, which is another discussion)
They still work.  But if you want Tivoli to help you with a problem at the
unsupported levels, the answer is no, unless you contract for $pecial
$upport.