ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] How to exclude a store from TDP Exchange backup?

2009-05-28 14:22:18
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] How to exclude a store from TDP Exchange backup?
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 14:21:48 -0400
Hi Chip,

You cannot do this with your setup below.

Exchange will not allow you to perform "FULL" backups and
also exclude a database from the backup. It has to do with
the fact that the log files span all databases and
the normal log truncation that accompanies a FULL backup.
This is a Microsoft requirement, not a TSM one.

If you truly want to do this, you will need to
separate your mailbox databases from your public folder
databases by placing them in separate storage groups.

At that point, you can exclude the storage group with the
public folder database from your backup scripts.

Thanks,

Del

"Bell, Charles \(Chip\)" <Chip.Bell AT bhsala DOT com> wrote on 05/28/2009
01:00:56 PM: