ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] How to exclude a store from TDP Exchange backup?

2009-05-28 13:02:46
Subject: [ADSM-L] How to exclude a store from TDP Exchange backup?
From: "Bell, Charles (Chip)" <Chip.Bell AT BHSALA DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 12:00:56 -0500
I've been asked to exclude the Public Folder store from one of our Exchange
server backups. What I need to know is, do I do that that in the Exchange
dsm.opt, or in the excfull.cmd, changing the * to the stores separated by
commas. Either way, what would the syntax be for my naming, based on the
output of my 'q exchange' below? Please someone help me ASAP! I need to have
this set up by tonight.  J

C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\TDPExchange>tdpexcc q exchange

IBM Tivoli Storage Manager for Mail:

Data Protection for Microsoft Exchange Server

Version 5, Release 2, Level 1.0

(C) Copyright IBM Corporation 1998, 2003. All rights reserved.

Microsoft Exchange Server Information

-------------------------------------

Server Name:                 BHSMAILM1

Domain Name:                 domainname.ourdomain.com

Exchange Server Version:     6.5.7638.1

Storage Groups with Databases and Status

First Storage Group

 Circular Logging - Disabled

   Mailbox Store (BHSMAILM1)                     Online

   Mailbox Store (Citizens)                      Online

   Mailbox Store (Walker)                        Online

   Public Folder Store (BHSMAILM1)               Online

God bless you!!!

Chip Bell
Network Engineer I
IBM Tivoli Certified Deployment Professional (ITSM)
Baptist Health System
Birmingham, AL

Confidentiality Notice:
confidential information and intended only for the use of the
individual or entity named in the address. If you are not the
distribution, or copying of this information is strictly
prohibited. If you received this information in error, please
notify the sender and delete this information from your computer
and retain no copies of any of this information.