ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Preventing TSM from using a certain library port

2009-05-27 19:59:59
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Preventing TSM from using a certain library port
From: "Clark, Robert A" <Robert.Clark AT PROVIDENCE DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 16:58:21 -0700
How many digits of the barcode are you passing to TSM?

Is there a potential for a volser conflict?

I seem to remember a problem where: A tape is mounted in a tape drive,
having come from slot 1024, and then a checkin puts a tape in slot 1024.
When the tape unmounts, TSM or the library attempts to put away the tape
in slot 1024 (which is already full). IIRC, this was fixed in a later
version of the TSM code.

[RC]