ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Filetype library sharing

2009-05-27 09:17:08
Subject: [ADSM-L] Filetype library sharing
From: "Bos, Karel" <Karel.Bos AT ATOSORIGIN DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 15:16:16 +0200
Hi,

I have 2 ITSM server (5.4) running on one Windows box. One library
client, one library manager. They share (among other STA's) a LTO
library, which is working fine.

Now, I'm trying to get a filetype library working in the same manner as
the LTO library. What I did was:

- defined the file type library on the library manager.
- defined a path from the library client to this library on the library
manager.
- defined library on the library client

Now its time to define the devclass on the library client pointing to
this filetype library, but which one to select???

Devclass file has no option to point to the shared library, generictape
didn't do it either. Removablefile gives nice errors "5/27/2009 3:02:53
PM ANR8935E A compatible device class for shared library FILELIB1 on
server XXXX was not found."

Thanx,

Karel