ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Changing media type on a primary pool

2009-05-26 11:45:50
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Changing media type on a primary pool
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 11:44:26 -0400
On May 26, 2009, at 11:32 AM, Fiske, Daniel wrote:

At present I have 9940 tape as my primary tape pool and T10k as my
copy
tape pool. I want to convert (or change) the primary tape pool to
T10k.
Does anyone know the easiest way to do this?

You need to create a pool of that type and then insert it into the top
of your tape pools hierarchy, with corresponding updating of your Copy
Group and then policy set activiation.  New data will plop into that,
and old data can be moved there as time permits.

   Richard Sims