ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Details of large file backed up via TSM

2009-05-25 00:23:29
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Details of large file backed up via TSM
From: Steven Harris <sjharris AT AU1.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 14:16:04 +1000
Hi Paul

take the spaces out of the relation.

"select FILE_NAME,FILE_SIZE from contents where FILE_SIZE>10000000000
order by FILE_SIZE DESC" > /tmp/file-list

Regards

Steve

Steven Harris
TSM Admin
Sydney Australia

             Paul Dudley
             <pdudley AT ANL DOT COM.
             Sent by: "ADSM:           ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
             Dist Stor                                                  cc
             Manager"
             <[email protected]                                     Subject
             .EDU>                     [ADSM-L] Details of large file
                                       backed up via TSM

             25/05/2009 11:14
             AM

             Please respond to
             "ADSM: Dist Stor
                 Manager"
             <[email protected]
                   .EDU>

I can see that TSM has backed up a file that is 140 Gb in size. However
I have been unable to work out which server this file came from.

I want to query the TSM database to find out some information about that
file (its name, what server it was on, etc)

After some research it appears that the following command will query the
contents table in the database.

select FILE_NAME,FILE_SIZE from contents order by FILE_SIZE DESC

(DESC Specifies that the columns are sorted in descending order. -> you
see the biggest files at first)

I know that the file size is 142,499,909,632 bytes and it is probably
the largest file.

The TSM query I ran over the weekend was:

"select FILE_NAME,FILE_SIZE from contents where FILE_SIZE > 10000000000
order by FILE_SIZE DESC" > /tmp/file-list

The object of this command was to only list files greater than
10000000000 bytes in size.

The command ran and finished straight away so I knew it had not worked.
The output in file /tmp/file-list was:

Output of command redirected to file '10000000000'
ANS8001I Return code 3.

ANS8002I Highest return code was 3.

The output of file 10000000000 was:

ANS8000I Server command: 'select FILE_NAME,FILE_SIZE from contents where
FILE_SIZE'
ANR2909E The SQL statement is incomplete; additional tokens are
required.

Please note that it was not my intention to have output written to file
10000000000.
That number sets the lower limit of what file sizes I want to report on.

If anyone could let me know what the problem was with the query above it
would be appreciated.

Thanks & Regards
Paul
Paul Dudley
Senior IT Systems Administrator
ANL Container Line Pty Limited
Email: pdudley AT anl.com DOT au
Web: http://www.anl.com.au

ANL DISCLAIMER

This e-mail and any file attached is confidential, and intended solely to
the named addressees. Any unauthorised dissemination or use is strictly
prohibited. If you received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify
the sender by return e-mail from your system. Please do not copy, use or
make reference to it for any purpose, or disclose its contents to any
person.