ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Tsm 5.4.4 losing db snapshots offsite

2009-05-20 12:23:20
Subject: [ADSM-L] Tsm 5.4.4 losing db snapshots offsite
From: "Lee, Gary D." <GLEE AT BSU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 12:22:32 -0400
Every weekday, we take a db snapshot at the end of offsite processing, and send
it offsite as well.
We also do the snaphots on weekends, but do not ship them offsite until Monday.

In our daily offsite maintanence script, I do a del volhist t=dbs tod=-5.

What is happening, I think has to do with drm and the delete volhist.
Tsm seems to lose track of some of these snapshots, and never return them from
the vault.

Has anyone run across this, and is there a fix?
Any help is welcome.

Gary Lee
Senior System Programmer
Ball State University