ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] LAN-free requirements

2009-05-18 06:40:59
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] LAN-free requirements
From: David McClelland <david.mcclelland AT NETWORKC.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 11:40:26 +0100
>From a technical point of view I personally wouldn't think so in this case -
the TSM SAN Storage Agent is a significant piece of code in its own right
(pretty much a cut-down TSM Server I understand) to be sparingly used (in my
opinion) for very specific applications and scenarios to meet particular
backup and recovery requirements. It's quite a different beast from the B/A
client, requiring IBM development and support resources of its own I'm sure
on top of the BA client stuff, so it being an additional licensed item kinda
makes sense to me.

/DMc
London