ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Matching Node_name to Class_name

2009-05-15 15:18:45
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Matching Node_name to Class_name
From: Shawn Drew <shawn.drew AT AMERICAS.BNPPARIBAS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 15:17:44 -0400
I believe the NODE_NAME is the primary key on that table.  I gave this a
shot, and it was relatively fast:

select distinct(class_name) from backups where node_name='NODENAME'

Just run that in a loop for each of your nodes.
a loop might be faster than the alternative:

select distinct(class_name) from backups where node_name in (select
node_name from nodes)

(I didn't try this last one to see how fast it was)

Regards,
Shawn
Shawn Drew

Internet
GJHuebschman AT LMUS.LEGGMASON DOT COM

Sent by: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
05/15/2009 02:43 PM
Please respond to
ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

cc

Subject
[ADSM-L] Matching Node_name to Class_name

I think the answer to this question is, "No" , but I am going to ask
anyway.

I want to make a listing of the management classes used by each client.

I have been asked to provide a list of applications that use longer than
our standard retention policy. TSM will not identify applications for
me, but I can look up Client/server names.

I know how to write an sql query against the backups table.  I have
queried particular node_names to see what management classes they use.
Thanks to instruction from W, I realize that the backups table is huge.
I tried to make a more efficient query by restricting the query to
Active objects of type File and running it on the TSM server with the
smallest DB, but it was still running when I came back from lunch.
                 select distinct node_name, class_name from backups where
type='FILE' AND STATE='ACTIVE_VERSION'

Is there a smarter way to find this information out?  The owners of
these clients for the most part would have no idea and would be no help.

Thanks,
George Huebschman

"Let me get this straight.  You won't let us delete this node because
there is no one left who remembers what the machine used to do?"

IMPORTANT:  E-mail sent through the Internet is not secure. Legg Mason
therefore recommends that you do not send any confidential or sensitive
information to us via electronic mail, including social security numbers,
account numbers, or personal identification numbers. Delivery, and or
timely delivery of Internet mail is not guaranteed. Legg Mason therefore
recommends that you do not send time sensitive
or action-oriented messages to us via electronic mail.

This message is intended for the addressee only and may contain privileged
or confidential information. Unless you are the intended recipient, you
may not use, copy or disclose to anyone any information contained in this
message. If you have received this message in error, please notify the
author by replying to this message and then kindly delete the message.
Thank you.

This message and any attachments (the "message") is intended solely for
the addressees and is confidential. If you receive this message in error,
please delete it and immediately notify the sender. Any use not in accord
with its purpose, any dissemination or disclosure, either whole or partial,
is prohibited except formal approval. The internet can not guarantee the
integrity of this message. BNP PARIBAS (and its subsidiaries) shall (will)
not therefore be liable for the message if modified. Please note that certain
functions and services for BNP Paribas may be performed by BNP Paribas RCC, Inc.