ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Migration from Windows to Linux

2009-05-11 10:16:01
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Migration from Windows to Linux
From: Nick Laflamme <dplaflamme AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 09:15:36 -0500
On May 11, 2009, at 9:09 AM, Shawn Drew wrote:

- The Management Class on the receiving server (I.E. Import server)
determines where the data will end up
- Storage pools can be named whatever you want them to be.  As long
as the
management class matches the name
- Nothing "needs" to be the same on the destination.  You just need to
have enough space.  I mention quotes, because you will probably want
the
same domain name and management class names.  (The values of the
management class don't need to be the same and can point to whatever
storage pool you want)

Remember, too, EXPORT POLICY is the command that will make sure the
receiving server has all the same management classes and policies as
the source server. You might want to modify them on the new server,
but it can be a good way to lay a good foundation for data being
imported.

Regards,
Shawn

Nick