ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Migration from Windows to Linux

2009-05-08 04:35:43
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Migration from Windows to Linux
From: Remco Post <r.post AT PLCS DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 10:35:09 +0200
Hi,

On 7 mei 2009, at 21:42, Desalegne Guangul wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I need all your help on this. There are a lot of topics on the archive
about migration but none of them address my questions.  I'm
migrating TSM
v 5.3.3.1 on Windows 2000 server to TSM v 5.5.0  on SuSE Linux (SELS
10 sp
2).

If you have to do this, there are two one ways:

export - import
start over

in both cases you will need to run both servers in parallel. If you
decide to start anew, you can quite easily migrate all your data to
tape, make sure you have done your backup copypools etc and then
remove all your media from the lib. You will need to recreate your
disk storagepools. Since read-write access to NTFS on linux is
experimental (and I've seen it crash hard), you won't be able to write
to them anyway.

The best thing to do is stick with windows... Get win2k8 and TSM
5.5.... As much as I love Linux, moving TSM from one platform to
another is not easy.....

--
Met vriendelijke groeten/Kind regards,

Remco Post