ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] LTO for long term archiving

2009-05-06 20:50:13
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] LTO for long term archiving
From: Len Boyle <Len.Boyle AT SAS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 6 May 2009 20:49:42 -0400
Here is a URL for a company selling 300g disks with a 50 year media archive
life. I wonder if TSM will work with this media.

http://www.inphase-technologies.com/products/default.asp?tnn=3

Here is the URL's for GE's story. Of course this is not a product yet.

http://hardware.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=09/04/27/179205&art_pos=2

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/27/technology/business-computing/27disk.html?_r=1