ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] NDMP and TSM 6.1 TOC support

2009-05-06 14:49:32
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] NDMP and TSM 6.1 TOC support
From: Remco Post <r.post AT PLCS DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 6 May 2009 20:49:07 +0200
On May 6, 2009, at 20:18 , john bremer wrote:

All,

One of our NDMP backup customers recently sent us an announcement from
NetApp detailing the integration of NetApp SanPirror to Tape and
Snapshot technologies with IBM TSM 6.  The enhancement will greatly
speed up what used to cumulative Differential backups with NDMP to
TSM.

Indeed, with TSM server version 6.1 you can SnapMirror to tape. With
Client 6.1 you can SnapDiff to TSM using either a windows or aix
proxy....

Later, the following was sent to my customer regarding the same
announcement:

======
"Faster full image backup with new Network Data Management Protocol
(NDMP) integration SnapMirror to Tape integration enables backup of
large filesystems to secondary media for disaster recovery.

Extremely fast incremental backup
Note in TSM6.1 TOCs are not supported with NDMP
   If using TOC - Don't upgrade"

================

Has anyone seen similar information about these changes?  Are TOCs no
longer supported in TSM 6.1 server.

Indeed, in 6.1.0.0 there is nu support for TOCs, if you need them,
wait for 6.1.2.0 (or so I've heard)

Thanks.

John Bremer

--