ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Cloned Win servers and multiple backups

2009-05-05 16:00:12
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Cloned Win servers and multiple backups
From: "Huebschman, George J." <GJHuebschman AT LMUS.LEGGMASON DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 15:58:05 -0400
I had a problem like this where the builders were using a common image
template to build windows servers.  I had the good luck of them using an
obsolete client name.  I kept seeing this unregistered name pop up when
I queried for unregistered nodes.

I solved it by registering the node and locking it.
I accidentally noticed that the IP address of the node changed from time
to time.
You could try running an SQL query comparing the IP Address of the node
matches the ip address of the client server.