ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Moving a dbsnapshot from one volume to another

2009-05-04 10:23:06
Subject: [ADSM-L] Moving a dbsnapshot from one volume to another
From: Stephan Boldt <stephan.boldt+adsm-l AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 4 May 2009 16:21:22 +0200
Hello,

is there a way to do move a dbsnapshot from one volume to another? I want to
get rid of a tape which we identified as the cause of library problems
(barcode sometimes unreadable, slot mistakenly assumed as empty, library
tried to put other tapes into the tape's slot). Unfortunately it is
currently in the vault with a dbsnapshot still on it. Is there a way to put
to move the dbsnapshot  to another tape, so I can get rid of the error prone
tape right now and not having to wait for its snapshot to expire? (And
probably missing the day it gets back into the lib and is being reused for
eventually a dbsnapshot again)

kind regards,
Stephan