ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] best backup method for millions of small files?

2009-04-30 09:05:27
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] best backup method for millions of small files?
From: Mehdi Salehi <iranian.aix.support AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 16:34:09 +0330
Dwight,
We tried our best to convince the application side to change the big mount
point, but it is another story. It is a product, and probably one day they
will be abliged to change it. What I need today is the best way to protect
the volume and keep the service highly available. We do have protection
layers such as a standby server and mirrored volumes using Hitachi TrueCopy
to another disk subsystem. Although it is possible to dodge this problem,
you can think of my question as a conceptual one. At least I understood that
FastBack has a feature that TSM lacks. Who knows? perhaps we will see this
in the next version of TSM, 6.2 :)

Regards,
Mehdi Salehi