ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Problems to backup a HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy object

2009-04-29 22:15:34
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Problems to backup a HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy object
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 22:14:45 -0400
Hmm.... I am not sure what the "windows 2000" part means. It is not
possible for the TSM client to be Windows 2000 since VSS is not available
on that OS. It has to be Windows 2003 or higher. Windows 2000 systems
should use the TSM 5.3.6.x client, which is supported on Windows 2000 as
part of the TSM 5.4 product. Do not use 5.4 or higher on Windows 2000.

I cannot definitively say what the problem is, but one wild guess is APAR
IC60285 (go to the URL in my sig, then do a search on IC60285). There is no
fix available yet, but I'm not convinced that is the problem. You might try
the workaround of using the -incrbydate option to see if that allows you to
complete the backup. Either way, I suggest opening a call with IBM to
confirm the problem.

Note: The SNAPSHOTCACHELOCATION and SNAPSHOTCACHESIZE are relevant only
when OFS is used as the snapshot provider. You might already know this, but
since I saw them in your options file, I figured I would mention it.

Best regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group
Tivoli Storage Manager Client Product Development
Level 3 Team Lead

http://www.ibm.com/software/sysmgmt/products/support/IBMTivoliStorageManager.html

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 2009-04-29
15:37:56: