ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] IBM Tape Device Driver - Windows Server 2008

2009-04-28 09:07:08
Subject: [ADSM-L] IBM Tape Device Driver - Windows Server 2008
From: Andrew Collyer <andrew.collyer AT YORKSHIREWATER.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 14:02:55 +0100
I've installed the IBM Tape Device Driver v6.2.0.1 onto a Windows 2008 x64
Server.  The install is always successful and installs on all medium
changers and tape drives.

On some devices, when I reboot the server the driver doesn't stay
associated to the tape or medium changer device.  This appears to be adhoc
and changes after every reboot.

Has anyone else seen this behaviour or got any suggestions please?

I've not configured persistent bindings this time since the TSM docs state
that SAN Discovery is the way forward and there is no need for them.  Is
this perhaps the issue here?

Thanks.

Andy

Find out about our efforts to create gardens in Yorkshire's primary
schools using a million green fingers by following this link:
http://greenfingers.yorkshirewater.com/

The information in this e-mail is confidential and may also be
legally privileged. The contents are intended for recipient only
and are subject to the legal notice available at
http://www.keldagroup.com/email.htm Yorkshire Water Services
Limited
Registered Office Western House Halifax Road Bradford BD6 2SZ
Registered in England and Wales No 2366682