ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Once again I've a problem on the TSM client side with specifying a path for an object

2009-04-14 14:09:40
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Once again I've a problem on the TSM client side with specifying a path for an object
From: "Kauffman, Tom" <KauffmanT AT NIBCO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 14:07:02 -0400

OK, we got them.

For the record - to see what images exist (created with 'backup image
<filespec>') the syntax is 'query image <filespec>' NOT 'query backup . . .'

So in our case, 'query image {\\whq_fileserv_1\x$} '
and 'delete backup -objtype=image -pick {\\whq_fileserv_1\x$} '

It's a good thing I'm retiring soon. I've gotten SO tired of the internal
inconsistencies like this (backup image, but query image, not query backup --
and then delete backup -objtype=image, not delete image) -- who came up with
this crap?

I REALLY want ONE client command-line tool that will show EVERYTHING that
client has on the TSM server AS THE DEFAULT with options to subset by type
(backup, archive, API) and indicate what needs to be referenced to recover or
delete the objects.

This was our first (and last) experiment with image-level backups. We won't be
back until TSM gets a LOT smarter on reclaims.

(Yeah, I'm a bit frustrated - this has occupied two of us for just about a day)

Tom Kauffman
NIBCO, Inc

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This email and any attachments are for the
exclusive and confidential use of the intended recipient.  If you are not
the intended recipient, please do not read, distribute or take action in
reliance upon this message. If you have received this in error, please
notify us immediately by return email and promptly delete this message
and its attachments from your computer system. We do not waive
attorney-client or work product privilege by the transmission of this
message.