ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Slow System State backups

2009-04-09 14:09:48
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Slow System State backups
From: Wanda Prather <wprather AT JASI DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 14:06:30 -0400
There is a known TSM problem with system state backups:

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg1IC59312

Should be fixed in the 5.5.2 client, which is available now, you can try
that.
Or, it can be VSS issues.

Open a CMD window, enter:

vssadmin list writers

You should get immediate response, and the "state" of all the writers should
be stable.

vssadmihn list writers is a Windows command, no TSM code; if that hangs,
then you have to start researching and applying VSS patches: