ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM Server License

2009-04-07 17:38:56
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM Server License
From: Ken Hannigan <hannigan AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 14:38:22 -0700
Hi Lori.

The problem is that the server cannot load the license registration
module.  Things to look at include:
- Make sure you have package TIVsm-license installed, and that it's the
same version & release as the server you're running
- Make sure the file ownership and permissions for
/opt/tivoli/tsm/server/bin/dsmreg.sl are such that the server can load and
execute the module.  Normally, I'd expect the file to be owned by root,
and to have access permissions of either 755 or 775.
- If the server instance directory is something other than the install
directory (usually /opt/tivoli/tsm/server/bin), make sure that you've set
the DSMSERV_DIR environment variable to point to the install directory

Cheers,
Ken Hannigan
Tivoli Storage Management Development
hannigan AT us.ibm DOT com

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 04/07/2009
11:46:00 AM: