ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] 3494 Partitioning to share between TSM and VERITAS applications

2009-04-06 07:15:14
Subject: [ADSM-L] 3494 Partitioning to share between TSM and VERITAS applications
From: "Rane, Yashwant" <Yrane AT KOCKW DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 14:14:05 +0300
Hi all,

We have a requirement to share our 3494 library between our existing
servers (AIX running TSM application) and new windows server (running
VERITAS application).

We would like to partition our library so that windows server can have
access to only two tape drive out of 8 drives and pre-assigned tape
volumes. VERITAS application on windows server should not have access to
TSM volumes.  Similarly TSM server should not have access to VERITAS
Tape Volumes.

Is there anyone using similar setup? Is there anyone sharing 3494
library between TSM and VERITAS applications?

Best Regards

Yashwant Rane