ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] ITM 6.1 new Reporting and real-time Monitoring Feature - 2 Day Workshop

2009-04-03 13:17:59
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] ITM 6.1 new Reporting and real-time Monitoring Feature - 2 Day Workshop
From: "Allen S. Rout" <asr AT UFL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 13:14:17 -0400
>> On Fri, 3 Apr 2009 15:51:15 +0200, Michael Malitz <michael.malitz AT MM-IT
>> DOT AT> said:

> David, there is no other official class available covering this
> topic.

> But as with my other TCR 1.2 / ITM 6.2.1 class /workshop, the new
> TSM 6.1 new Reporting and real-time Monitoring workshop materials
> (guide and exercises) will be in English and if we have a non-german
> speaking participant, I'll teach also in English - no problem.

I have excessively sensitive commercial-self-promotion antennae.
Think of me as a canary in a coal mine.  I don't think that Michael is
being obnoxious in his presentation, but he's basically saying "I'm
teaching a class I wrote".

I think that we would not be happy with the way this list would evolve
if we welcome self-promotion and advertising.  There are lots and lots
of teaching establishments which would love to be able to pour
marketing on this topic into our inboxes.  I think the only self
consistent way to prevent this is to make any primarily marketing post
from a non-Tivoli/IBM source unwelcome.

I am not denigrating Michael's skill or experience: I expect he's
probably good at writing and at teaching.  I expect that links to his
class schedule, salted within otherwise contributing messages, would
be fruitful for him and for us.  Having educators on this list
listening to what we want, to what we want to learn, is good for _all_
of us.  I don't want to chase them away.

But I do, fervently, want to chase away the advertising.  I watched
USENET melt under spam, and I've watched other fora go the same way.

I've said my piece.

- Allen S. Rout