ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM 6.1 : Database replication Feature

2009-04-02 12:09:21
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM 6.1 : Database replication Feature
From: BEYERS Kurt <Kurt.BEYERS AT VRT DOT BE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 18:08:19 +0200
DB2 has a HADR mechanism (High Availability Disaster Recovery) to
replicate a database to another server.

It is basically just log shipping from the active db to the passive db.
The most strict mechanism is that a commit to an SQL statement is only
given to the application when the DB2 memory cache that contains the
results of the statement is flushed to disk on the standby server. The
standby server cannot be accessed, it is in a rollforward status.

>From what I've been reading so far, the HADR mechanism will not be
supported initially. It requires some changes to the primary database
and IBM tells strictly that the DB2 database can (or should) be accessed
in a read-only way.

Regards,
Kurt