ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] SV: TSM sharing a library.

2009-03-31 03:48:03
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] SV: TSM sharing a library.
From: David McClelland <david.mcclelland AT NETWORKC.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 08:46:20 +0100
Duane,

What Christian said. Some of the best guidance on the subject comes from the
Redbook "Implementing IBM Tape in Unix Systems" >>>
http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/abstracts/sg246502.html?Open - check out chapter
Chapter 5 where the TSM Library Manager and TSM Library Client stuff is set
up is explained and exampled (can I use that as a verb?) very clearly and
concisely. Another great Redbook on this is "Get More Out Of Your SAN with
Tivoli Storage Manager"
(http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/abstracts/sg246502.html?Open) where Chapter 3
is your friend. And, of course, the IBM TSM Admin Guide has some pretty
definitive stuff in it
(http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/tivihelp/v1r1/topic/com.ibm.itsmai
xn.doc/anragd55117.htm#scfgauto).

Hope that helps - it may look pretty complex, but actually it's quite
straightforward to implement (as long as you can keep strict tabs on your
tape device names/paths - a common source of pain in shared environments).

/David Mc
London, UK