ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Question for the TSM 6.1 beta testers

2009-03-30 13:40:59
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Question for the TSM 6.1 beta testers
From: Howard Coles <Howard.Coles AT ARDENTHEALTH DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 12:38:13 -0500
Yea, it does seem a little odd.  And, you didn't mention tape errors and
stuck processes.  I've had those a time or two and they're no fun at
all.  But, I think their problem is related to what I was saying.  They
don't want a "cancel proc" normally killing out a process by force.
However, I would think they could institute a switch to the command
(like force=yes) that would shut a stuck process down in its tracks.
And, they could have you type some long response to a statement of '
"This could cause problems are you sure?" If so, enter "I'm Sure": '.
Or else, have TSM able to realize that something isn't working sooner,
and shut it down itself.

See Ya'
Howard