ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Checkin on a 3584/TS3500 using more than one drive at a time?

2009-03-27 09:30:52
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Checkin on a 3584/TS3500 using more than one drive at a time?
From: Howard Coles <Howard.Coles AT ARDENTHEALTH DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 08:26:20 -0500
No, there's no way that I've ever found to make it use multiple drives
at one time.  However to speed things up when you are checking in DRM
tapes turn off the "Check Label" function.
You can either turn this off permanently in DRM for checking out tapes
and use the "CHECKLabel=no" option on the command line (there's also a
check box on the checkin side that you can select to not check the
label).
In the "Disaster Recovery Management" section, Select a server and
select "View Disaster Recovery Management Properties". Then in the
"General" Tab remove the check mark by the "Read the labels of
sequential media checked out during a move of disaster recovery media"
so it doesn't happen on checkout.

Of course you probably already knew about the "no label checking"
option.  (just thought I'd throw it out there in case someone else was
afraid to ask, :-D ).

See Ya'
Howard