ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Client Data Lost after client re-installation

2009-03-18 10:24:47
Subject: [ADSM-L] Client Data Lost after client re-installation
From: "Botelho, Tiago (External)" <Tiago.Botelho AT AUTOEUROPA DOT PT>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 14:23:10 -0000

Hello all,

After client node system disk failure the system administrator change
the failure disk, install the OS and makes a manual backup of the client
(same node name and IP as before).

Now, I search for old data (before disk failure), and no data were
found.

An expire inventory were made after the backup ... I think that the
inactive files should be shown. Backup copy Group for backup: Version
Data Deleted =3 ; Retain only Version  = 360 days.

I try the option "show active and inactive files" and point in time"
options on the client, but no old data were found (only the data of the
manual backup made after node disk failure)

Any idea what can be the problem? TSM Node ID?

Any suggestion to solve this problem and return the old files?

Thank you for your help

Best Regards

Tiago