ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM 6.1 - can I do a X server platform database restore?

2009-03-13 11:57:24
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM 6.1 - can I do a X server platform database restore?
From: Paul Zarnowski <psz1 AT CORNELL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 11:55:25 -0400
At 02:21 PM 3/12/2009, Richard Rhodes wrote:
My point was, which I obvously failed to make,, was that it's a programming
issue that is doable, given the will to do it.

Oh, I absolutely agree - it's just code, but code that doesn't yet
exist.  I would like to see TSM support a better process for changing OS
platforms, other than exporting all data from one platform to the
other.  I'd like to see a way to migrate the database, but keep the same
storage media - if not indefinitely, then at least through a transition period.

..Paul

--
Paul Zarnowski                            Ph: 607-255-4757
Manager, Storage Services                 Fx: 607-255-8521