ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] SV: ANR0539W node has exceeded its maximum number of mount points.

2009-03-12 14:26:52
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] SV: ANR0539W node has exceeded its maximum number of mount points.
From: Nick Laflamme <dplaflamme AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 12:53:58 -0500
On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 1:42 PM, Daniel Sparrman
<daniel.sparrman AT exist DOT se>wrote:

> The down size of using a file device is that it requires mount points
> unlike diskpools.
>
> Have you checked that your client has enough mount points set? Each backup
> session from the client will require its own mountpoint. This value is set
> on the client node definition on your tsm server.

I hadn't tried setting any node-specific settings, including the mount point
settings, but I'm starting to work with that now. I can use a wildcard to
increase every node's mount point setting -- but that leaves vulnerable any
new nodes registered.

I'm not sure how high I should raise the limit -- raising it to 4 delays the
appearance of the 539 message, but it didn't avoid it completely.

Or, I should just learn to love the 539 message and treat it like an I, not
a W.

Nick