ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Tape performance (was: Re: Preferred TSM Platform)

2009-02-27 19:25:44
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Tape performance (was: Re: Preferred TSM Platform)
From: David Bronder <david-bronder AT UIOWA DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 18:25:08 -0600
Rick Saylor wrote:

> Instead of selecting 'a' on nmon try '^' instead. This will give you
> the FC adapter stats from fcstat. At least it does on version 12e of nmon.

Thanks, Rick!  I was still running nmon 11e and didn't have this new
option (and I'm still at 5.3 TL8... at TL9 nmon is bundled in with topas).
Once I upgraded to 12e, the '^' key does indeed show all the HBAs.

Also thanks to Stef Coene, Alex Paschal and Richard Cowen for pointers to
fcstat, a tool I wasn't aware of that falls in the "dead simple or obvious"
category. :)  Wonder why the IBMers and business partner tech folks weren't
aware of it either.

--
Hello World.                                    David Bronder - Systems Admin
Segmentation Fault                                     ITS-SPA, Univ. of Iowa