ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Windows PIT Restore issues

2009-02-27 12:03:19
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Windows PIT Restore issues
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 11:58:25 -0500
Well I'm confused now...

First you said the folder is bound to a management class with verexists=2.
But then you said you have DIRMC MCNOLIMIT. I'm not sure how to reconcile
these two seemingly contradictory statements. So I can only offer some
additional guesses at this time...

This is probably not what you are saying... but "for the record", adding
the DIRMC MCNOLIMIT after the fact will not help with the current existing
backup versions.

If you've been running all along with DIRMC MCNOLIMIT, but the folders are
still bound to MC7YR, then something is overriding your DIRMC. Maybe there
is a duplicate DIRMC in the options file, or a client option set is forcing
DIRMC MC7YR.

If an override is not occurring, then maybe your backup is using a
different options file, or else you are using the classic scheduler and
didn't restart it after adding the DIRMC to the options file.

Best regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group
Tivoli Storage Manager Client Product Development
Level 3 Team Lead

http://www.ibm.com/software/sysmgmt/products/support/IBMTivoliStorageManager.html

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 02/27/2009
11:49:38 AM:

> [image removed]
>
> Re: Windows PIT Restore issues
>
> Kevin Boatright
>
> to:
>
> ADSM-L
>
> 02/27/2009 11:51 AM
>
> Sent by:
>
> "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>
>
> Please respond to "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager"
>
> I did try creating a management class with the following settings
> and specified the management class in the opt file using “DIRMC
MCNOLIMIT”