ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] How do you keep track of DB Backup

2009-02-26 15:11:52
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] How do you keep track of DB Backup
From: Lindsay Morris <lindsay AT TSMWORKS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 14:43:24 -0500
we sell (shameless plug)

Good luck with your product; Dan Kim would love to have your banner ad
on adsm.org.
You're no longer allowed to complain about getting emails from my
sales guy.
;-}

------
Mr. Lindsay Morris
Principal
www.tsmworks.com
919-403-8260
lindsay AT tsmworks DOT com

On Feb 26, 2009, at Feb 26, 2:08 PM, Remco Post wrote:

On Feb 26, 2009, at 19:51 , Christian Svensson wrote:

Hi,
I got a generic question for you all. How do you keep in track of
your Database Backup Tape Volumes?
I know you can see in Volhist the label of the volume, but how do
you keep in track to get it back from the vault?
Do you have a script or do you call it back one day in advance?

we sell (shameless plug) TSM MediaManager, because we identified this
problem. Basically, MediaManager wraps all TSM interaction in a GUI,
maintains the vault inventory and does everything needed to allow the
courier, just any operator, your secretary or anyone else you trust
with your data to check the tapes in and out....

Please, I'm really interested of your feedback and how you deal with
it?

If you're interested, you know how to find us, I'm non-grate on the
list after this shameless plug, so we'll have this off list if you
want more details ;-)

Best Regards
Christian Svensson

Cell: +46-70-325 1577
E-mail: Christian.Svensson AT cristie DOT se
Skype: cristie.christian.svensson

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Remco Post