ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] How do you keep track of DB Backup

2009-02-26 13:58:06
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] How do you keep track of DB Backup
From: Wanda Prather <wprather AT JASI DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 13:56:51 -0500
If you eject the tapes with either TSM DRM or Autovault (and I think TSM
Manager as well), they do all the tracking/vaulting for you.

With DRM, you set DRMDBBACKUPEXPIREDAYS to xx, the number of days you want
to retain the DB backup before it expires.

Then DRM expires the DB backup after xx days, and puts it in VAULRETRIEVE
status.  So at any given time if you look at the list of tapes in
VAULTRETRIEVE status, it will actually include any expired DB backups as
well as any reclaimed/empty offsite copy pool tapes.

All automatic.