ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Alternatives to TSM

2009-02-24 19:58:42
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Alternatives to TSM
From: David Longo <David.Longo AT HEALTH-FIRST DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 19:57:22 -0500
Another thought on changing vendors is this.

If IBM really is cranking up the maintenance price in general,
then the competitors will follow soon after, maybe not as much
but close.

Follow the herd mentality.

David Longo

>>> "Conway, Timothy" <Timothy.Conway AT JBSSA DOT COM> 2/24/2009 5:14 PM >>>
AS far as I know, there was no audit.  The "audit tool" is about as
worthless as it could be without being actually harmful.  You'd think
all the clients could return CPU type, count, and IDs and have a
complete answer right there in the TSM server.  Over the past couple
years, we've greatly shrunk our number of physical servers, so we know
it's fewer CPUs than we originally bought for.

I wish I had more of a role in this than "This is what we must have
done.  Make it happen".