ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] viewing logs on TSM instance startup

2009-02-23 10:45:21
Subject: [ADSM-L] viewing logs on TSM instance startup
From: "Burdick, Dave" <Dave.Burdick AT CAROLINASHEALTHCARE DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 10:43:40 -0500
TSM 5.4.2
AIX 5.3 TL8

Is there a way to view the logs when starting up a TSM instance to make sure
there were no initialization errors but not capture all activity after startup?
 I normally start the instance with the following command which allows me to
exit my telnet session but does not allow me to view the status of the startup

/usr/tivoli/tsm/server/tsmX/rc.tsmserv &

There is also an option specified in my /etc/inittab to start each instance but
I am not always ready to start them on bootup, however this too does not allow
me to see any of the startup messages or errors?

tsmXsrvr:2:once:/usr/tivoli/tsm/server/tsmX/rc.tsmserv >/dev/console 2>&1

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dave Burdick
Carolinas HealthCare System
dave.burdick AT carolinashealthcare DOT
org<BLOCKED::blocked::mailto:dave.burdick AT carolinashealthcare DOT org>

This electronic message may contain information that is
confidential and/or legally privileged. It is intended only for the
use of the individual(s) and entity named as recipients in the
message. If you are not an intended recipient of this message,
please notify the sender immediately and delete the material from
any computer. Do not deliver, distribute or copy this message, and
do not disclose its contents or take any action in reliance on the
information it contains. Thank you.