ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Mainframe/TSM Question

2009-02-20 15:06:52
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Mainframe/TSM Question
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 12:02:00 -0800
> A better question might be:  how are they justifying converting
> everything to netbackup?

This the exact question I was going to ask when I got in this meeting,
which I thought was supposed to be today but nobody has shown up yet.
Instead of coming to me to talk about TSM they went to a group of people
who have nothing to do with either system to tell them how great
netbackup is.

One exact quote is he wanted to discuss "whether we (or IBM) have gotten
past the limitations on selective backup and discrete backup pools and
your perspective on why the DBA workforce still seems to see Netbackup
as a better and more flexible system that TSM."

Mind you "nobody' has ever approached me with one single problem. Again
the story is much longer and larger than this.

Geoff Gill
TSM Administrator
PeopleSoft Sr. Systems Administrator
SAIC M/S-G1b