ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] AIX 5.1.1.0 Client install fileset issue

2009-02-11 12:33:42
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] AIX 5.1.1.0 Client install fileset issue
From: "Clark, Robert A" <Robert.Clark AT PROVIDENCE DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 09:32:07 -0800
I ran into this problem recently. In a nutshell, you can't install both
the required "gskta" and "tivoli.tsm.client" filesets in one pass.
(Chicken and egg dependency problem?)

The workaround I found was to make two passes through "smitty installp".
The first time select and install the "gskta" filesets. The second time
through, select and install the client filesets.

I've installed this client level on AIX on three or four different
machines, and each time the workaround was required, and each time it
was succcessful.

[RC]