ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] What did I miss

2009-01-30 10:45:57
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] What did I miss
From: Howard Coles <Howard.Coles AT ARDENTHEALTH DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 09:44:09 -0600
As with what others said:
1. Create the library with the exact same name as the last one, (may
even work with a new name) then restart TSM with the disablesched yes
option in the dsmserv.opt file.
2. with no other processes running run the "audit libr" command so TSM
will know what's in the library.
3. run a checkin libv status=scratch first so it will check in all the
scratch volumes first.  It will not checkin tapes with valid data as
scratch but it will checkin scratch tapes as private if you don't do
this step first.
4. run a checkin libv status=private.  This will get all your valid
tapes back in the system.
5. remove the "disablesched" option from the dsmserv.opt file and
restart TSM.
Things should begin functioning normally.

The next time, before you remove the old library make sure you check out
all volumes first.  Then once the new library is in place you can begin
the checkin process through the IO slots and TSM will be very happy.

See Ya'
Howard