ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Change library and server

2009-01-29 06:36:50
Subject: [ADSM-L] Change library and server
From: Lars-Erik Öhman <larsa.ohman AT CARNEGIE DOT SE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 12:35:50 +0100
Is there a paper somewhere that could tell me the best way to move from one
server and library to a new server and library?

Current configuration:

Windows 2003 x32
TSM 5.5.1.1
Library IBM 3584 with 3592 drives

New configuration:

Windows 2008 x64
Library IBM 3584 with LTO4 drives

We are changing location and want to move it all over the WAN. The speed of the
WAN wont be an issue at all.

This is what I´m thinking how to do it.

Connect the new library to the old server (FC) and backup all the data to the
new library. Install the new server and when all the data is in the new library
copy dbvol, logvol and storagepool volumes to the new server. Then connect the
new library to the new W2K8 server and correct all the devices to match the new
server. Right?

/Larsa

________________________________

This communication is from a Carnegie company within the Carnegie Group.

The information contained in it, including any attachment or enclosure, is
intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain
confidential and/or privileged material. Any unauthorised use, review,
retransmissions, dissemination, copying or other use of, or taking of any
action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the
intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact
the sender and delete or shred the material immediately. Thank you.

Opinions, conclusions and other information expressed in this message are not
given or endorsed by my firm or employer unless otherwise indicated by an
authorised representative independent of this message.