ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] SQL TDP lan free backup on VMWARE

2009-01-27 12:03:09
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] SQL TDP lan free backup on VMWARE
From: "Schaub, Steve" <steve_schaub AT BCBST DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 12:01:45 -0500
Howard,

Can you share the Exchange server physical config (cpu/mem/disk) as well
as the .cfg you use for these Exchange servers?  Are they x86 Ex2003 or
x64?  Did it run this well out of the box or did you need to tweak it to
reach this point?  We have several Ex2003 servers, one of which has a
total of 909gb in 4 SG's and is taking 16.5hrs to do a full backup (.857
gb/min).  it is gig attached, and the tsm server is using a multi-gig
trunked line.  I just cant seem to squeeze any more speed out of this
backup and I would love to find out how you are doing it.

Thanks,

Steve Schaub
Systems Engineer, Windows
BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee