ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] query what data binded against what management class

2009-01-22 08:27:14
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] query what data binded against what management class
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 08:25:18 -0500
On Jan 21, 2009, at 8:35 PM, Cheung, Richard wrote:

Hello..

Is it possible to run a command that can show me, for a specific node,
what data has been backed up within that node, and against what
management class this data is binded against?

Conversely, is it possible to do a command that lists how much data is
binded against all managementclasses??

Get familiar with what data is available in the customer-exposed
Tables in the TSM db so that you can then go after things you need in
queries.  Run 'SELECT * FROM SYSCAT.COLUMNS > TSM_syscat_columns' to
have a reference for such pursuits.

The info you want is in the Archives and Backups tables.  Whereas
there is a table entry for every file system object, there can be
millions of them, and thus traversal is arduous, such that such
Selects are avoided unless absolutely necessary.  I'd recommend not
doing that unless there was a very compelling reason.

   Richard Sims